What is Dual Credit?
The Positive Solutions Charter School Dual Credit Program provides an opportunity for motivated high school students to receive college credit while they are still enrolled in high school. One of the goals of the program is to provide a positive collegiate learning experience for participating high school juniors and seniors.
While enjoying the traditional ceremonies that accompany the senior year, qualifying students may also enroll in college freshman level courses that will apply toward an Associate’s Degree and/or university transfer.
Dual Credit Benefits
- Dual and Concurrent Enrollment for High School Students during Fall and/or Spring Semester
- Concurrent enrollment options provide college credit only for qualified high school junior and senior students.
- Provides opportunity for qualified junior and senior students to enroll in college courses that earn both high school graduation and college credit simultaneously.
- Provides for a seamless transition from secondary to postsecondary education. It involves close collaboration between high school and college educators, on-going communication, structuring and planning for an integrated program of study.
- Provides a head start on postsecondary core requirements
- Extends the variety of classes available to high school students
- Provides greater opportunity for a coordinated, seamless education
- Allows increased and easier transition to college
- Tuition free college courses (this includes books and fees)
San Antonio College – Dual Credit Link
Apply Texas: https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX
Cafe College: https://cafecollege.org/
Alamo College District: https://www.alamo.edu/